Justin M. Bowen
Published Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2009 | 4:15 p.m.
Updated Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2009 | 4:32 p.m.
- Jan. 27 -- Wranglers freeze Phoenix for second straight home victory
- Jan. 25 -- Wranglers blow out Salmon Kings to snap losing streak
- Jan. 25 -- Salmon Kings stymie Wranglers again
- Jan. 24 -- Wranglers’ shootout woes continue
- Jan. 23 -- Wranglers twins celebrate 36th birthday during crucial home stand
- Jan. 14 -- Wranglers shut out Bakersfield
- Jan. 14 -- Economy thins ECHL’s ice
- Jan. 9 -- Wranglers pull out overtime victory
- Jan. 8 -- Wranglers reveal prison uniform designs
- Jan. 5 -- ECHL alters Wranglers’ schedule
- Jan. 2 -- Wranglers battle flu to maul Grizzlies
The Quad City Flames of the American Hockey League recalled Las Vegas Wranglers' goalie Kevin Lalande Wednesday morning.
Lalande posted a 6-7-2 record in 17 games with the Wranglers this season including a 2.37 goals against average and a .924 save percentage. The 21-year-old Kingston, Ontario native will join the Flames on the road in Houston for Thursday's game against the Aeros.
As a rookie last season, Lalande notched a 17-5-4 record in 27 appearances with a team-leading 2.05 goals against average and a .932 save percentage. Lalande helped lead the Wranglers to the Kelly Cup Finals with a 13-6-1 record in the playoffs, including two shutouts in the final round.
The Calgary Flames drafted Lalande in the fifth round, No. 128 overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
With John DeCaro currently on loan to the AHL's Portland Pirates, the Wranglers are in desperate need of a goalie.
Wranglers' media relations director Josh Fisher said the team expects a goalie to be assigned to Las Vegas for Friday's "Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich Prison Uniform Night" showdown with the Bakersfield Condors at the Orleans Arena at 7:30 p.m.