Sunday, Nov. 30, 2008 | 12:42 a.m.
- Nov. 23 -- Road weary Wranglers fall in Utah
- Nov. 21 -- Wranglers shut out Utah for first road victory
- Nov. 18 -- Wranglers still searching for first road victory
- Nov. 16 -- Wranglers smash Steelheads
- Nov. 14 -- Wranglers completely collapse against Idaho
- Nov. 10 -- Wranglers remain winless on the road
- Nov. 9 -- Watt's hat trick lifts Wranglers over Phoenix
- Nov. 7 -- Wranglers crush Condors
- Nov. 1 -- Wranglers get season's second second win
The Las Vegas Wranglers captured their second road victory of the season by thumping the Phoenix Roadrunners 6-3 Saturday night at the U.S. Airways Center in front of 3,741 fans.
Forwards Shawn Limpright and Adam Miller each notch one goal and two assists. Center Justin Taylor netted a goal and an assist, while forwards Chris Neiszner and Peter Ferraro also scored.
Despite falling into an early 2-0 hole within the first five minutes of the game, the Wranglers mounted an impressive comeback to tie the game at 2-2 by the end of the first period. After Taylor had poked in his fifth goal of the season, Ferraro connected on a one-timer to tie the game with his first goal of the year at 14:48.
The Wranglers took the lead after the first intermission as Miller capitalized on an outlet pass from J.D. Watt to put Las Vegas on top 3-2.
From that point it was all Las Vegas for the rest of the night.
Goalie John DeCaro made 33 saves, including 15 in the third period to seal the victory.
The Wranglers (7-7-2) return to the Orleans Arena to host the Pacific Division-leading Fresno Falcons (12-5-1) on Monday and Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
Steve Silver can be reached at 948-7822 or [email protected].