Monday, Nov. 10, 2008 | 11:19 p.m.
- Opponent: Idaho Steelheads
- Date: Friday, Nov. 14 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Orleans Arena
- Nov. 9 -- Watt's hat trick lifts Wranglers over Phoenix
- Nov. 7 -- Wranglers crush Condors
- Nov. 1 -- Wranglers get season's second second win
- Oct. 25 -- Wranglers snag first victory of the year
- Oct. 24 -- Wranglers open home season in poor fashion
- Oct. 23 -- Wranglers open in front of home crowd
- Oct. 22 -- Flames reassign Watt to Las Vegas
The Wranglers must suffer from a serious case of jetlag because Las Vegas remained winless on the road as the Bakersfield Condors eked out a 2-1 victory Monday night at Rabobank Arena.
After the Wranglers racked up six penalties in the first twelve minutes of the game, the Condors took a 1-0 lead during a five-on-three power play thanks to center Dave Bonk. The Condors out-shot the Wranglers 18-6 in that first period.
Midway through the second period, though, Las Vegas forward Adam Miller scored his first goal of the season to tie the game at 1-1. That lead did not last long as Matt Pope netted the game winner for Bakersfield on another five-on-three power play.
Wranglers goalie Brent Kahn made 32 saves, but has yet to pick up his first victory with Las Vegas.
The Wranglers are now 0-4-1 on the road, but they will return to the friendly confines of the Orleans Arena Friday and Saturday to face the Idaho Steelheads at 7:30 p.m. both nights.
Steve Silver can be reached at 948-7822 or [email protected].