Published Tuesday, July 8, 2008 | 9:44 a.m.
Updated Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2008 | 10:15 a.m.
Metro Police detectives arrested a second suspect, 40-year-old Deshawn Thomas of Las Vegas, in the beating and robbery of Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker.
- June 27 -- Judge sets bail for man held in Javon Walker case
- June 26 -- Javon Walker robbery suspect due in court Friday
- June 24 -- Vegas police make arrest in Javon Walker case
- June 19 -- Too much money, lots of temptation
- June 16 -- Police ask for help in morning robbery that left Raiders receiver unconscious
Police said Thomas was arrested on Monday night. He faces charges of kidnap, robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery with substantial bodily harm.
Walker was found beaten and unconscious near Winnick Avenue and Koval Lane on June 16. Police investigated and found Walker had been robbed.
Arfat Fadel was identified as one of the suspects and arrested on June 24. A surveillance photo of a second, unidentified person released to the media led to numerous tips to police.
Fadel remains in custody at Clark County Detention Center and is scheduled for preliminary hearings on July 16 and 19.