Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Strip Scribbles: Haze at Aria to close? New Planet Hollywood shows, $1.65M auto at Barrett-Jackson
- Breaking: ‘Bloodletting’ at Downtown Project with massive layoffs
- Martorano, Lagasse, Bonefish Grill, Casa Fuente, Taste of the Nation
- Festivino at Palazzo celebrates French chefs and old and new world wines
- An open letter to Tony Hsieh from former DTPer David Gould