Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Joe Downtown: Tony Hsieh leads Ashton Kutcher on downtown tour
- Photos: Criss Angel’s buried alive in cement stunt at The Mirage is shut down
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Donald Trump wins court battle with an 87-year-old grandmother
- Las Vegas gas prices likely headed up, if Nevada passes fuel-tax bill