Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Vegas pick ’em: NFL week 13 winners against the spread, holiday edition
- High school basketball preseason Top 10: Gorman team to beat, others not far behind
- Police make 7 DUI arrests at pre-Thanksgiving checkpoint
- Uber temporarily suspends ride-sharing service in Nevada
- Tourists hit Las Vegas buffets for a day of feasting