Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Wood carries Rebels past Owls in solid bounceback victory
- Was the clock operator to blame? UNLV loses at Hawaii on last play
- Moapa Valley rallies to force overtime, beats Desert Pines for state championship
- Get a taste of what Las Vegas used to be — in Laughlin
- SLS off to rough start but looking forward to 2015