Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Photos: Shania Twain leads Great Santa Run to ninth consecutive victory
- Cosmopolitan headliner Bruno Mars watches ‘Jersey Boys’ at Paris Las Vegas
- Rebels will ring in the New Year in Heart of Dallas Bowl against North Texas
- Man shot, killed outside Las Vegas grocery store
- Photos: Trevor Brazile maintains lead in world standings, Steven Peebles wins again