Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Google tip led to Metro officer’s arrest on child porn counts
- Star of the year Britney Spears to receive her day, key to the Strip
- Allegiant jet returns to Las Vegas airport after reported engine trouble
- DUI arrest for Henderson cop driving wrong way on highway
- Nevada solar plant workers get nearly $2 million in back pay