Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- ‘Pawn Stars’ parody ‘Pawn Shop Live!’ moves from Golden Nugget to Riviera
- Las Vegas locales featured on Guy Fieri’s ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’
- 2-year-old girl killed by van after wandering into street
- Miller adds basketball pedigree, experience to Rebels coaching staff
- Court overturns conviction of man who threatened former NLV police chief