Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Dean Martin carpet controversy, nightlife shakeup the latest from SLS
- Driver sought in hit-and-run that kills pedestrian near Mandalay Bay
- Metro Police investigating extortion attempt targeting GOP assemblyman
- Driver suffers head injury in two-car crash near Windmill and Eastern
- Vegas Play of the Day: Houston Rockets at Detroit Pistons