Las Vegas Sun

December 18, 2014

Currently: 55° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Electrical wiring causes fire at North Las Vegas plant

A fire Sunday at a glass recycling plant that sent flames 50 feet into the sky was caused by electrical wiring, North Las Vegas Fire Department officials said.

Employees were evacuated without any injuries about noon at that plant at 4910 Donovan Way, officials said.

More than 55 firefighters from North Las Vegas and Las Vegas responded battled the fire, which took about 35 minutes to put out. Firefighters were on the scene until about 8 p.m.

A damage estimate was not available. The investigation is continuing.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy