Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Thursday, April 11, 2013 | 2:45 p.m.
- UNLV sophomore doing whatever he can to make impact on the football field
- Rebels football trying new strategies and working through mistakes
- UNLV quarterback Nick Sherry more confident with year of experience
- Two recruits change the landscape of UNLV recruiting class, give Hauck reasons to be optimistic
- All UNLV football coverage
The UNLV football team will open conference play at New Mexico on Saturday, Sept. 2, the Mountain West announced Thursday afternoon.
The Mountain West released its entire schedule, including all the dates and matchups for the leagues first 12-team conference season. It all leads up to the inaugural Mountain West football championship game on Saturday, Dec. 7, to be played at the participating school ranked higher in the BCS rankings.
After traveling to New Mexico, the Rebels will have the first of two bye weeks after not having any last season. That can happen because UNLV is playing one fewer game this year — 12 instead of 13 — and going one week further into November.
The Battle for the Fremont Cannon this year is in Reno on Saturday, Oct. 26, the same day as the Nevada Day Parade. UNLV’s full schedule, including the four nonconference games, is listed below. Times and TV information are still in the works and should be announced later in spring. All games are on Saturday unless otherwise noted.
8/29 — at Minnesota (Thursday)
9/7 — Arizona
9/14 — Central Michigan
9/21 — Western Illinois
9/28 — at New Mexico
10/12 — Hawaii
10/19 — at Fresno State
10/26 — at UNR
11/2 — San Jose State
11/9 — Utah State
11/21 — at Air Force (Thursday)
11/30 — San Diego State