Monday, Feb. 13, 2012 | 10:15 a.m.
- UNLV’s Moser again honored as the Mountain West Player of the Week
- UNLV can move forward without the burden of losing streak to San Diego State
- Jerry Tarkanian: Mike Moser continues to impress, make a difference
- UNLV makes the key plays down the stretch to hold off San Diego State 65-63
- Instant Analysis: In the wake of an exciting finish, debating whether UNLV should continue series with San Diego State
- 2011-12 UNLV Men's Basketball Schedule
- All UNLV Men's Basketball Coverage
The UNLV basketball team is one spot away from being ranked in the top 10 in both major polls.
The Rebels on Monday were ranked No. 11 by the Associated Press, rising three spots after last week beating No. 13 San Diego State, 65-63. The Aztecs remained ranked No. 13 — a good indication of the respect UNLV and San Diego State have nationally. Last week, after losing to Wyoming, UNLV only saw its ranking drop three spots.
In the coaches’ poll, UNLV climbed five spots from last week to No. 11. San Diego State fell to No. 15.
The Rebels (22-4, 6-2) are in a three-way tie with San Diego State and New Mexico for first place in the Mountain West Conference. This week, they play at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday at TCU and at 10 a.m. Saturday at New Mexico, which will be televised nationally by CBS.
Kentucky is the consensus No. 1 ranked team in both polls.