Saturday, Feb. 7, 2009 | 9:49 p.m.
- Feb. 6 -- Wranglers continue to ride hot streak
- Feb. 5 -- Wranglers smoke Salmon Kings in road trip opener
- Feb. 4 -- Wranglers looking for revenge on the road
- Feb. 3 -- Wranglers narrowly ground Condors
- Feb. 2 -- Orleans Arena sees some NHL action
- Feb. 2 -- Police officers battle firefighters on the ice
- Feb. 1 -- Wranglers rebound in blowout victory
- Jan. 30 -- Bakersfield pummels Wranglers on prison uniform night
- Jan. 27 -- Wranglers freeze Phoenix for second straight home victory
- Jan. 25 -- Wranglers blow out Salmon Kings to snap losing streak
The Las Vegas Wranglers continue to play inspired hockey as they dropped the Victoria Salmon Kings 2-1 Saturday night for their fifth consecutive victory in front of 6,470 fans at the Save On Foods Memorial Centre.
The Wranglers (23-18-4) have now won seven of their eight contests, moving into second place in the Pacific Division – just two points behind the Ontario Reign (24-17-4)
Although Victoria (29-15-4) scored the first goal of the game thanks to an Adam Taylor one-timer from the right-wing circle late in the first period, the Wranglers never let up.
Defenseman Brandon Straub scored his first goal of the season to tie the game 1-1 at 10:10 in the second period.
Less than four minutes into the third period, Chris Ferraro buried a rebound top shelf for the eventual game winner.
Wranglers' goalie Glenn Fisher made 23 saves to improve to 5-0-1 on the year.
With three straight victories in Victoria, the Wranglers have jumped to 9-10-2 on the road.
Las Vegas will conclude a four-game series in Victoria at 5:05 p.m. on Sunday before returning to the Orleans Arena to face the Phoenix Roadrunners (20-21-3) on Tuesday night at 7:05 p.m.
Steve Silver can be reached at 948-7822 or email@example.com.