- A bit of Louisiana debuting in Vegas
- Orleans hotel-casino opens its doors today
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, 1996
- The $173 million Orleans hotel-casino opens its doors at 7 tonight, bringing an upscale property reminiscent of the French Quarter to Las Vegas. The 840-room resort, developed by Coast Resorts -- owner of the Gold Coast and Barbary Coast -- tries to capture the authenticity of Bourbon Street from its hand-carved door frames, lattice work and ornate ceiling trim to its restaurants featuring Cajun dishes such as crawfish and jambalaya.
- Homeless told to move on
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 1994
- State Department of Transportation officials have instructed dozens of homeless people to evacuate the right-of-way below the Spaghetti Bowl Interchange.
- Eric Trump talks Atlantic City, ‘Apprentice,’ return of pageants to Las Vegas
- Vegas pick ’em: NFL week 8 winners against the spread
- Google tip led to Metro officer’s arrest on child porn counts
- Star of the year Britney Spears to receive her day, key to the Strip
- Some new Rebels bonding over similar hardscrabble backgrounds