- A bit of Louisiana debuting in Vegas
- Orleans hotel-casino opens its doors today
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, 1996
- The $173 million Orleans hotel-casino opens its doors at 7 tonight, bringing an upscale property reminiscent of the French Quarter to Las Vegas. The 840-room resort, developed by Coast Resorts -- owner of the Gold Coast and Barbary Coast -- tries to capture the authenticity of Bourbon Street from its hand-carved door frames, lattice work and ornate ceiling trim to its restaurants featuring Cajun dishes such as crawfish and jambalaya.
- Homeless told to move on
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 1994
- State Department of Transportation officials have instructed dozens of homeless people to evacuate the right-of-way below the Spaghetti Bowl Interchange.
- 2013 NYE fireworks on the Strip to include music by Pitbull, Rihanna, Poison and Sinatra
- Dotty’s owner gets gaming license for revamped Hacienda casino
- Photos: December views of the Strip, downtown, the High Roller and Trevor Brazile up high in the sky
- DA: No charges in beating death at South Point
- Target: 40 million card accounts may have been breached