Other Issues – General Fund Departments
|All operations should have some cuts.||20%||1|
|Commission / Manager / Public Information Office–County has a major responsibility to demonstrate resource conservation in the face of other industry layoffs. Develop a serious plan to address this.||20%||1|
|Special Public Defender–Consider placing more money on prevention for foster child and human service programs rather than emergency correction.||0%||0|
|District Court / Las Vegas Justice Court–Elected departments should be subject to the same cuts as other branches of government - that should include the courts.||20%||1|
|Fire–There should be more than one private ambulance service to provide some competition in pricing.||20%||1|
|All–Create county-wide committee to strengthen County’s ability to secure state and federal grants and private foundation monies.||20%||1|
Note: This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.
- Investors in failed Mob Experience: Jay Bloom ‘has given us a shot at making our money back’
- Couple found dead in murder-suicide, police say
- Who is state’s top campaign donor? (Hint: It’s not Adelson or Wynn)
- Nevada’s Mountain Ridge to face female Philly pitching sensation Mo’ne Davis
- Manager and producer Seth Yudof: Las Vegas entertainment then and ow!