Las Vegas Sun

October 20, 2014

Currently: 87° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Kitchen fire damages eatery at Mandalay Bay

Image

Courtesy of Clark County Fire Department

A bag of mesquite wood caught fire Wednesday at Lupo Restaurant in Mandalay Bay, causing smoke and water damage to the kitchen.

Clark County Fire responded about 7:52 a.m. to the restaurant. A single fire sprinkler inside the kitchen extinguished the fire, Clark County Fire officials said.

The flames charred a portion of a wall in the kitchen and caused about $2,000 in damage. Fire investigators ruled the fire accidental.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy