Las Vegas Sun

August 1, 2014

Currently: 104° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Soldering could have sparked apartment fire near UNLV

A fire early Thursday morning caused about $20,000 damage to an apartment near UNLV.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put out the blaze, which was reported about 1:15 a.m. at the apartment complex in the 1300 block of Dorothy Avenue, the Clark County Fire Department reported.

A plumber had been working in the building on a soldering project, which could have caused the fire, fire officials said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy