Las Vegas Sun

August 1, 2014

Currently: 101° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Morning fire damages bar on Charleston Boulevard

Bar fire

A fire damaged part of a bar Saturday morning on East Charleston Boulevard.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue received a call about 6 a.m. that smoke was coming out of an air conditioning unit at Back Door Lounge at 1415 E. Charleston Boulevard, near Maryland Parkway. Three people were in the lounge when the fire started, and one person appeared to use a fire extinguisher to put out the flames, said Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Spokesman Tim Szymanski.

Firefighters arrived to find the fire in a small storage room in the back of the building. The fire gutted the storage room, and the rest of the building had heavy smoke damage causing approximately $100,000 in damage, Szymanski said.

One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Fire investigators could not determine the exact reason for the fire but said it appeared to be caused either by careless smoking or an electrical problem, Szymanski said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy