Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 | 11:46 p.m.
Clark County firefighters put out their second blaze of the year late Tuesday after an auto body shop caught fire.
The department received multiple 911 calls about the fire at 8:54 p.m., officials said.
When firefighters arrived at the shop located at 3375 Pinks Place, near Desert Inn Road and Interstate 15, they found the garage on fire with heavy smoke coming from the building.
By that time, the fire had spread to several cooling units on the roof of the building, but firefighters were able to keep the blaze from spreading to the office portion of the building or the adjacent businesses, officials said.
One employee was in the shop at the time of the fire. He had minor injuries, but was not taken to the hospital.
Investigators said the fire appears to ave started by welding work being done on a vehicle. The fire caused an estimated $300,000 worth of damages.