Monday, Jan. 30, 2012 | 11:10 a.m.
- Mike Moser’s gritty performances earn the sophomore league player of the week honors
- UNLV basketball in the driver’s seat after an ugly but effective week
- Mike Moser leads UNLV to its second consecutive overtime victory, 65-63 at Air Force
- UNLV’s Mike Moser shakes off illness to carry Rebels to OT victory at Boise State
- All UNLV Men's Basketball Coverage
The UNLV basketball team jumped one spot Monday in the weekly Associated Press poll to a No. 11 national ranking. In the coaches’ poll, the Rebels climbed two spots to No. 13.
UNLV (20-3, 4-1 Mountain West Conference) picked up a pair of overtime road victories last week, hanging on for a 77-72 win at Boise State and a 65-63 win against Air Force.
San Diego State, which UNLV is tied with for first place in the league, dropped in both polls after losing last Saturday at Colorado State. The Aztecs are No. 17 in both polls, falling five spots in the AP and six in the coaches’.
Kentucky is No. 1 in both polls, North Carolina is No. 5 in the AP and No. 7 in the coaches’, and Wisconsin is No. 19 in the AP in No. 20 in the coaches’. UNLV beat North Carolina in November, but lost to Wisconsin.
UNLV at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday hosts Colorado State at the Thomas & Mack Center. The Rebels Saturday play at Wyoming.