Monday, Feb. 6, 2012 | 3 p.m.
- Las Vegas sports books expected to post modest profit on Super Bowl 46 (2-5-2012)
- Las Vegas sports books taking Giant action on Super Bowl 46 so far (2-4-2012)
- Flush with money, visitors flooding Las Vegas for Super Bowl weekend (2-3-2012)
- Gambling 101: A beginner’s guide to sports betting (2-3-2012)
- A look at some of the Super Bowl prop bets offered by Las Vegas sports books (2-1-2012)
- Sports books open New England Patriots as slight favorites in 2012 Super Bowl (1-22-2012)
- How NFL conference championship weekend shapes up for local sports books (1-20-2012)
Oddsmakers at sportsbook.com have installed the Green Bay Packers as the betting favorites to win the 2013 Super Bowl.
The Packers are listed at 5-to-1 odds, meaning a $100 wager would payout $500 if the Packers are victorious next February in New Orleans. Green Bay won the 2011 Super Bowl.
The New England Patriots, which lost Sunday to the New York Giants in Super Bowl 46, are listed at 7-to-1. The Giants are 10-to-1.
The New Orleans Saints are 6-to-1, while four teams — the Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers — are 12-to-1.
Regionally, the San Diego Chargers are 15-to-1, the San Francisco 49ers are 20-to-1, Arizona Cardinals are 30-to-1 and the Oakland Raiders are 50-to-1.
The St. Louis Rams, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccanneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Washington Redskins and Cleveland Browns are at 100-to-1 — the highest odds.
Last year, future betting on the NFL was limited during the offseason because of a labor dispute between owners and players.