Las Vegas Sun

April 20, 2014

Currently: 82° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

School evacuated for bathroom trash can fire

Arbor View High School was briefly evacuated Thursday when a plastic trash can caught fire in a bathroom, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue officials said.

There were no injuries.

The fire was extinguished about 10:15 a.m. by staff of the school at 7500 Whispering Sands Drive, fire officials said.

The fire caused about $100 damage, and students were evacuated for about 15 minutes, authorities said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy