Monday, Feb. 21, 2011 | 3:56 p.m.
Celine Dion stopped by “The Oprah Winfrey Show” on Monday to talk about her pregnancy struggles, four-month-old twin boys and to give away dozens of tickets to her new Las Vegas show.
Dion surprised the studio audience members with two tickets each to her show at Caesars Palace, along with a two-night stay at the resort. The announcement was greeted with screaming — and some crying — from audience members.
“So, audience really try to get tickets to Celine’s new show because it is going to be spectacular, but you know what? Today’s your lucky day,” Winfrey said as “Jubilee!” showgirls appeared to present the surprise.
Earlier in the show, Winfrey and Dion gave Rozonno and Mia McGhee, the parents of sextuplets, front row seats to Dion’s show and the honeymoon they never had in Caesars Palace’s Emperor Suite.
Dion arrived in Las Vegas last week with her family in tow to scores of fans at Caesars Palace. The artist will begin her three-year residency at the resort March 15, which has required her to relocate her family.
“I’ll never move anywhere without my family,” she said.
Dion told Winfrey she is accommodating her 10-year-old son Renee Charles’ school schedule by doing the shows in five-week blocks and then returning to Florida for a month.
Her new shows, simply titled “Celine,” will include a 31-piece orchestra, a tribute to Michael Jackson and up to seven costume changes a show, she told Winfrey.
“It’s a whole brand new show, and I’m very excited because as a singer, it’s always a thrill when you come up with new ideas,” Dion said.
Monday marked her 27th appearance on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” the most of any celebrity, Winfrey said.
The singer wrapped up her appearance with a performance of Billy Joel’s “Lullabye,” which audiences can expect in her Las Vegas show.