Friday, March 6, 2009 | 10:29 p.m.
An adult and two children at a house where the garage caught fire Friday night escaped without injury, fire officials said.
Firefighters responded just before 7:30 p.m. to the blaze at 8245 Hydra Lane, near the corner of Vegas and Durango drives in northwest Las Vegas.
The fire at the two-story home did about $10,000 damage before Las Vegas Fire and Rescue crews could put it out, officials said.
The fire started in a corner of the garage where combustible materials were being stored, said Tim Szymanski, a fire department spokesman.
A passerby called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the garage, Szymanski said. Firefighters doused the blaze in less than five minutes. Damage was confined to the garage door, which will have to be replaced, officials said.