Las Vegas Sun

April 25, 2024

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Andrade named photographer of the month

Published on Mon, Jul 21, 2014 (10:09 p.m.)

For Immediate Release
CHRISTOPHER ANDRADE
P.O. Box 33733
Las Vegas NV 89133
(702) 812-3081

CHRISTOPHER ANDRADE LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPH BEING DISPLAYED
A month long exhibit of work by the beginner photographer started July 1

Las Vegas, Nevada – July 21, 2014 - Christopher Andrade, a local Las Vegas resident, has a natural talent for taking amazing photographs and this month he has something to celebrate. His work is being showcased for the entire month of July 2014, an honor for any established photographer, but for Chris, it is utterly mind blowing. He has only been taking pictures for seven months.

Cashman ProPhoto Lab, located at 3580 Polaris Ave, Las Vegas, a photographic print service bestows an honor for incredible photography by one of their talented customers twelve times a year. The “Photographer of the Month” is hand picked out of hundreds of Cashman customers and their print selections are hung on the “wall of honor”.

Christopher, who prefers to go by Chris, a plumber up until last year, bought his first “good camera” in December of 2013. By January 2014, he was visiting a national park for a day of outdoor photography. That week he went to Cashman ProPhoto Lab to have a couple of his pictures printed. By chance, he spoke with Jim, the photo lab manager, who after looking at his work surmised Chris’s picture taking ability in one short sentence, “You have a great eye!”

Chris went home in a daze, thinking that was some praise from a man whose business is photography! Now over 40,000 pictures and over 40,000 miles later, Jim Cashman isn’t the only one saying that. His work is receiving great reviews around town. “My story really shows the power of words of praise! ” Chris explains. “I was motivated by Jim’s praise and it fueled the desire in me to succeed. The very next month I was only home for 3 days. The rest of the time I was on the road going to out of state to national parks and other pristine outdoor locations. I realized that maybe I could make a career out of doing something that I loved!”

It was Chris’s love of nature that drew him to launch his original work as a landscape photographer. In the past seven months he has visited Idaho, Utah, Arizona and Oregon, He has visited the Grand Canyon alone a total of 8 times. The Painted Desert, Capital Reef, Crater Lake, Bryce Canon, Eagle Lake, and Yosemite have also been favorite destinations. A canyon does not exist that is too remote for this enthusiastic photographer who has gone the proverbial extra mile to capture stunning, one of a kind pictures, of color rich and deeply textured land.

With the assistance of Barry Mattison, the editor of all of Chris’s pictures, including the one now for sale, Chris has been fine tuning his craft. Taking the time to learn the technique and nuisances of what it takes to make a great picture he says his photo composition has changed dramatically in the last several months. “It seems I am learning every minute of every day and the results are incredible!” “Barry’s skill sets are exactly what my prints needed. His diverse multi-media and business background was instrumental in the creation and launching of Christopher Andrade Photography.”

Chris has also recently begun shooting local real estate and architecture. His efforts to capture what is beautiful and inspiring right here in the Las Vegas Valley has him camera in had all hours of the day and night. You can find him out on the strip, at local golf courses, downtown or even in a nearby neighborhood park.
Chris is amazed at how fast this has all happened. Having the right people in the right place at the right time to further Chris’s photography career has been one of the main driving forces for C.A.P. Chris doesn’t dare think about the future with the present already going by at warp speed. But he has set his sights on capturing natural settings outside of the Southwestern states hoping to explore international travel photography someday.
Cashman ProPhoto Lab will proudly display Chris’s 5 foot wide picture of Capital Reef National Park during the entire month of July. Stop by during regular business hours which are 9am to 6pm daily. Chris credits Off the Wall Art & Framing 4535 W. Russell, Suite 2, Las Vegas for the beautiful framing of his showcase photography.
For more information on Christopher Andrade’s work visit: www.christopherandrade.com