Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2010 | 10:19 a.m.
As Las Vegas braces for a New Year, complete with several venues opening on New Year’s Eve, plan your dining and partying to make sure that you don’t miss any of the headliners, concerts or deejays you’re dying to ring in the New Year with in town.
New Year's Eve locals party at Sierra Gold: The Sierra Gold at South Jones and the 215 is ringing in the New Year, locals style, with music from DJ Woody and DJ Lithium, plus the first 75 ladies can drink specialty Absolut cocktails for free until midnight. There is no cover.
Eddie Griffin and Ashanti at Crown Theater: Comedian Eddie Griffin hosts New Year’s Eve at Crown Nightclub, which includes a performance by the comedian and an appearance by Ashanti. Admission is $100 to $130 depending on the package chosen.
Trop 'Til You Drop 2011: Host Stephanie Sanchez presides over the festivities at Tropicana as guests enjoy an open bar from 9 p.m. until 12 a.m. for $75, music featuring Marley Taylor, Jamestown with Tyriq Johnson, Sideswipe and a special fireworks viewing, all in the Tiffany Theater.
Holly Madison at Lavo: Peepshow star and reality TV darling Holly Madison rings in the New Year at Lavo, where guests can enjoy an open bar from 9 to 11 p.m. and watch the fireworks on the patio. The price of admission includes passed hors d’oeuvres and a midnight champagne toast. After midnight, guests from Lavo receive complimentary admission into Tao, as well. Admission is $150.
NYE at Blue Martini: The NYE festivities at Blue Martini include live entertainment by Patty Janura and sounds by DJ Luxor. DJ Retro from The Vibe 94.5 spins on the patio. Enjoy a complimentary Van Gogh open bar from 7 to 9 p.m. Admission is $20 to $25.
Playmates host at Rok Vegas: Ring in the New Year at ROK Vegas at New York-New York as sexy Playboy Playmates Leigh Andrews, Heather Rae Young and Sara Jean Underwood host the evening's festivities.
Buck 2010 Bash at PBR Rock Bar: PBR Rock Bar & Grill in Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood celebrates its inaugural New Year’s Eve with an all-out “Buck 2010” bash. Revelers have two options: indoor-only or full-venue access. For the indoor-only party, there will be an open bar from 9 p.m. until midnight priced at $100. For $125, partygoers can have the indoor open bar from 9 p.m. until midnight, as well as a buffet-style spread from 8 to 11 p.m. Guests wanting to celebrate inside and outside on PBR’s patio can enjoy an open bar from 9 p.m. until midnight priced at $200. For $225, the party includes the all-access open bar and the buffet.
Crazy Horse III NYE party: Avoid the road closures and enjoy easy access at the Crazy Horse III NYE party, as it’s located off The Strip. The $55 ($85 at the door) admission price includes an open bar from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m.
NYE dinner at Cabo Wabo: Cabo Wabo right on The Strip will be a great spot to watch the fireworks and offers a three-course dinner menu and midnight champagne or tequila toast for $100 per person, or an open bar package available from 9 p.m. until midnight for $100.
Rhumbash 2011 at Rhumbar: Rhumbar, the outdoor patio oasis at The Mirage, offers unlimited bar packages featuring premium cocktails, wine and beer from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. for $125.
Early New Year's at T&T: T&T rings in the New Year first with an East Coast countdown at 9 p.m. The party starts at 6 p.m. with drink specials, a three-course tequila pairing menu and the official East Coast countdown at 9.
“F#@! 2010” party at Rockhouse: Rockhouse Bar & Nightclub will welcome in the New Year with their “F#@! 2010” party. Admission is $100.
Intimate Celebration at Caramel: Caramel Lounge at Bellagio celebrates with an "Intimate Celebration" for NYE 2011. Admission is $50 includes a complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
Open bar specials at RoadRunner: RoadRunner on Flamingo offers several all-you-can-drink specials. For $9.95, guests can enjoy an open Pabst Blue Ribbon bar, or for $16.95 an open Modelo, Sierra Nevada, Pyramid and New Belgium bar. There is no cover, and the PJ Barth Band performs.
Child Focus NYE fundraiser at the Palms: The Hardwood Fantasy Suite will be transformed into an ultra-lounge featuring VIP exclusive areas, entertainment and music by DJs Nathan Scott, Mikey Gallagher and Avery Watts. The charity Child Focus Inc. benefits from the ticket sales. Sponsors and top donors are provided special benefits and an invitation to a private VIP reception in the Palms Recording Studios to kick off the festivities.
Disco NYE at The Orleans: The Orleans hosts a New Year’s Wonderland Dance Party in the Mardi Gras Room with hors d'oeuvres, open bar, champagne toast, party favors and the best hits from the '70s courtesy of Disco Inferno.
Electric Dream at Studio 54: DJ Loczi brings his Electric Dream to Studio 54 for New Year's Eve. The performance celebrates infamous stars who made Studio 54 legendary and will rewind to the past, incorporating videos and projections of the club’s iconic guests, while fast forwarding into the future with live musicians, aerialists, wall climbers and dancers.
End-of-the-year bash at McFadden's: McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon at The Rio rings in 2011 with a bash complete with live music, a midnight balloon drop and champagne toast. Tickets include a top-shelf open bar from 10 p.m. until 1 a.m. and an all-you-can-eat dinner buffet from 9 to 11 p.m.
NYE at The District: The District Tavern Group is hosting a locals party in three locations: the newly opened Presidio, Al’s Garage and Balboa Pizza. At Presidio, a $75 ticket includes entrances to Presidio, Al’s Garage and Balboa Pizza, unlimited appetizers, open bar with draft beer, select wine and well drinks, live music, a champagne toast at midnight and party favors from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m. Bottle service also is available. For $50, partygoers receive entrance to Al’s Garage and Balboa Pizza, open bar with draft beer, select wine and well drinks, a champagne toast and party favors from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m.
Midnight Mix: The bars at The Venetian and Palazzo celebrate New Year's Eve with Midnight Mix, where Fusion Mixology Bar, Laguna Champagne Bar, Salute Lounge, Oculus and La Scena host open bars from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., with well drinks, sparkling wine and domestic beer for $100.
Kim Kardashian at Tao: Kim Kardashian ushers in the New Year at Tao with passed appetizers, an open bar from 9 to 11 p.m. and a champagne toast at midnight.
Society of Seven at Cannery: The Cannery celebrates the New Year with a performance by Society of Seven featuring Jasmine Trias.
Lon Bronson All-Star Band:The local favorites performs jazz-inspired funk at Ovation at Green Valley Ranch. Tickets start at $24.95.
TributePalooza: Be a part of the ultimate street party as Fremont Street Experience celebrates New Year’s Eve with the 3rd Annual TributePalooza. From 6 p.m. until 2 a.m., the party features tribute bands. TributePalooza also will include a 2010 year-in-review on the Viva Vision screen, a midnight countdown led by Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman and a fireworks display.
New Year's on The Strip at HRC: The Hard Rock Cafe on The Strip invites guests to enjoy the view from atop the three-story venue, where Playground, Cityzen and DJ Mike Carbonell will provide the entertainment.
Mandalay Bay Block Party: The Mandalay Bay “Block Party” is back again. Border Grill and RM Seafood will set up catering stations along restaurant row, while those who purchase the Block Party Pass will be granted entrance into Mandalay Beach, where Fox will be filming “New Year’s Eve Live” hosted by Nancy O’Dell. The pass is $50 in advance and $75 the day of the event and includes five complimentary drinks redeemable at Mizuya, The Lounge, Race & Sports Bar, Orchid Lounge or any portable bar.
Grand Opening of Marquee: Marquee Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan celebrates its grand opening on NYE with Subliminal Sessions with superstar DJ Erick Morillo. Jordan Stevens performs an opening set. The $300 admission cost includes an open bar from 9 to 11 p.m. and a midnight champagne toast.
30 Seconds to Mars: Modern rockers 30 Seconds to Mars performs at The Pearl Concert Theater in the Palms.
Paul Oakenfold at Perfecto: Paul Oakenfold, resident DJ and producer for Perfecto Vegas, presents his weekly party along with an opening set by Liquid Todd and a Sirius Satellite Radio live broadcast.
LMFAO at Moon: Throw back some New Year's Eve "Shots" with the original "Party Rock" duo, LMFAO who will perform their electro-pop hits at Moon.
A Sexy NYE at The Playboy Club: Playboy Playmates Kara Monaco and friends host the NYE festivities at The Playboy Club.
Mark Stylz at Ghostbar: Ring in the New Year high atop the Palms at Ghostbar. Enjoy a great view of The Strip fireworks and sounds by DJs Mark Stylz and Exodus.
Iniquity at Hustler Club: The Hustler Club hosts a rooftop party called “Iniquity” featuring sounds from DJ Chino and DJ Sander and a spectacular view of the city.
Island Bar Bash with Grandmaster Flash: The Palms offers a New Year’s Eve bash at the Island Bar in the heart of the casino with no cover featuring a lineup of the hottest DJs spinning into the early hours. The countdown to the New Year begins with DJ Adriana kicking off the night, followed by Technician the DJ. DJ Kid Capri ushers in his unique performance, and the night ends with DJ Grandmaster Flash as he spins into 2011.
Rihanna at Pure: Rihanna will make sure they "Don't Stop the Music" at Pure until the wee hours of the New Year, as she hosts the party at the Caesars Palace hotspot. Tickets start at $150, and tables start at $2,000.
Diddy at LAX: Diddy hosts the NYE festivities at LAX at the Luxor. The music and fashion mogul will be sure the Ciroc vodka, his signature liquor, is flowing freely into 2011. Tickets start at $125, and tables start at $2,000.
Grand opening of Saville Row: Angel Management Group will unveil an exclusive venue, Saville Row, on New Year’s Eve weekend. Check out the revamped and intimate cocktail lounge.
Ludacris at Vanity: Ludacris wants to know "What's Your Fantasy" this New Year's Eve. If it's an evening with him at Vanity at the Hard Rock Hotel, he's got you covered.
Jay Sean at The Bank: British hip-hop sensation Jay Sean will do a special performance and lead a countdown to a midnight champagne toast at The Bank in the Bellagio.
New Year's Eve with Cirque: Celebrate the New Year with Cirque du Soleil at Gold Lounge at Aria. Guests will be treated to a champagne toast at midnight. Tickets are $125 and include VIP access all night and a hosted bar from 9 to 11 p.m.
NYE with Summer Altice at Deuce Lounge: Join Playboy Playmates Stacey Fusion and Lauren Anderson as they toast to the New Year at The Deuce Lounge at Aria featuring a DJ set by Playmate Summer Altice. Tickets are $50 and include VIP access all night, with a champagne toast at midnight.
B.o.B. at Jet: Hip-hop superstar B.o.B. celebrates NYE at Jet in The Mirage featuring a performance counting down to 2011. B.o.B. will be performing his hit songs “Nothing on You,” “Magic” and “Airplanes.” Tickets are $125 and include VIP entrance and a hosted bar from 9 to 11 p.m. Table reservation packages start at $2,000.
NYE at Revolution Lounge: Celebrate New Year’s Eve in style with Cirque du Soleil at The Beatles Revolution Lounge at The Mirage. When the clock strikes midnight, a 12-liter Methuselah of champagne will be wheeled out and popped open for an explosive New Year’s toast. Tickets are $75 and include VIP entrance and a hosted bar from 9 to 11 p.m. Table reservation packages start at $800.
NYE at Surrender: Surrender invites guests to count down to the New Year in one of eight opulent bungalows, which feature their own private balcony to watch the fireworks and three bottles of Dom Perignon. The 350 square-foot enclaves boast their own plasma television, temperature-controlled heating system and a private bathroom. Tables start at $1,000, and general admission starts at $75. For bungalow pricing, call 702-770-7300.
NYE at Blush: For a more intimate experience, Blush at the Wynn offers a chance to dance under the gorgeous lanterns inside or al fresco on the patio. General admission starts at $50.
Nelly at Haze: You'll be saying it's getting "Hot in Herre" at Haze when rap superstar Nelly packs the dance floor at Aria's nightclub.
Twin Brother at The Bunkhouse: The Bunkhouse celebrates with music by Twin Brother, The Wild Complete and The Big Friendly Corporation, plus a complimentary champagne toast at midnight and free party favors. Get an all-you-can-drink wristband for $20. Check out Big Friendly Corporation and Twin Brother in our Local Band Guide.
The Circus at Krave: The circus isn’t in town, but Krave is bringing The Big Top to Sin City for one night only. Aerialists, fire-eaters and clowns will accompany Janice Dickinson as she plays ringmaster for the three-ring throwdown. Ages 18 and up are allowed, and a free breakfast buffet will be available to anyone still partying into the wee hours of 2011.
Snowball at Beauty Bar: The Beauty Bar takes NYE downtown with an extensive indie and electronic lineup, including local favorites and international acts from Italy and Toronto. To sweeten the deal, your first drink is on the house.
Estelle performs at Tryst: Grammy Award-winning British R&B star Estelle will perform her hits like “American Boy" at Tryst in the Wynn. Find your own American boy, or a sexy tourist, for your midnight kiss.
The Quitters at The Double Down: Believe it or not, DJ Rex Dart will spin until noon while bands The Quitters, Tinglerz, The Dirty Panties, Agent 86 and more also stop by and get loud at the Double Down's NYE celebration. Check out The Tinglerz, The Quitters and The Dirty Panties in our Local Band Guide.
New Year's Eve at Revolver: Revolver Saloon and Dance Hall at Santa Fe Station offers a $35 pre-sale open bar package or a $50 day of package, from 9:30 p.m. to midnight.
Journey cover band at Aliante Station: In the Access showroom, catch Don't Stop Believin,' a Journey cover band, for a $10 cover, or head over to ETA Lounge for a party hosted by Jimmy Z featuring the music of The Jeremy Cornwell Project.
New Year's Eve at The M Resort: The M Resort will offer complimentary party favors and cake and champagne stations throughout the casino, plus live entertainment in the Lobby Bar, Ravello Lounge and the Hostile Grape. A designated area outside Hostile Grape in Villaggio Del Sol will be set up for guests who want to party by the pool.
XS New Year's Eve: Celebrate the glitz, glamor and the excess of Las Vegas with a NYE celebration at XS in the Encore.
Sinful Snow Ball at VooDoo Lounge: Playboy model and professional wrestler Taryn Terrell, also known by her WWE moniker Tiffany, hosts the night at VooDoo, which will be transformed into a Winter Wonderland. The blond bombshell will be joined by contortionists, burlesque dancers and the VooDoo Dolls. Music will be provided by Playboy Beach House DJ Roxanne Dawn, DJ Diamond and DJ Frances, who will do a unique 2x4 set with DJ Kris Cut. Admission is $50 pre-sale and $75 at the door. Open bar packages are available for $200 and include admission.
Pitbull at HOB: Rapper Pitbull will ring in the New Year with the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay by performing his hit singles like “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho),” “Hotel Room Service” and “Krazy.”
• At Morels, guests can enjoy outside bottle service overlooking The Strip, as well as a special tasting menu for $135, with an optional wine pairing. Additionally, the restaurant will keep the kitchen open until 2 a.m.
• Hash House A Go Go rings in the New Year with specials for New Year’s Eve at the restaurant’s locations across the valley on Sahara, inside The M Resort and inside Imperial Palace. NYE specials include surf 'n turf with a 14 oz. grilled New York steak with jumbo shrimp, Andy’s chocolate peanut butter bread pudding and eggnog cheesecake.
• Spago inside The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace offers a seven-course tasting menu. Start with an amuse bouche of crispy Parmesan chips and house-made duck pastrami. Follow that with caviar, tuna sashimi, apple and pear with endive, arugula lettuce, fire-roasted Bartlett pears, Burrata cheese, candied walnuts, blood orange segments and 25-year aged balsamic, hand-rolled ricotta gnocchi a L’Oeuf and veal and lobster with pan roasted veal, butter poached Maine lobster, sauteed French horn mushroom, escarole, pomme puree and sauce foyot. Guests can indulge in all seven courses for $110 or $170 with wine pairings.
• Usher in 2011 by sharing a meal with friends and family at Postrio highlighting seasonal tastes such as puree of sunchoke soup with black truffle pistou and crispy leeks and Maine lobster with chanterelle mushrooms and roasted cipollini onions. Entrees include quail with brioche stuffing, roasted pears, sweet potato puree, black truffles from Perigord and sage-maple jus or mesquite grilled prime filet, braised ox tail-potato hash and Bordelaise sauce. For dessert, enjoy a 20-layer chocolate-espresso cake with 10-year valrhona chocolate sauce. The prix-fixe menu is $85.
• For guests spending New Year’s Eve in The Village Lake Las Vegas, restaurants have put together special menus to make the evening memorable, and at midnight guests can take in a fireworks display right in the heart of The Village. Special menus are available at Sunset and Vines, Bernard’s Bistro, Sonrisa Grill, Luna Rossa and Black Pepper Grill.
• Enjoy a four-course dinner at Tommy Bahama's Restaurant and Bar in Town Square selected by Chef Shane Quinlan. The meal includes champagne and live music. As you ring in the New Year, take advantage of Tommy Bahama's rum collection, the largest in Las Vegas, featuring more than 150 rums from around the world. As an added bonus, men will receive a Tommy Bahama commemorative panel shirt, and ladies get a Tommy Bahama beach bag, umbrella and the perfect island essential, a scarf/pareo. Seating begins at 9 p.m., and the cost is $150.
• Rare 120 invites guests to celebrate New Year’s Eve with a prix-fixe menu for $69.99. Highlights include New Castle Ale braised beef short rib, ahi and hamachi tartar, roasted cauliflower soup, filet mignon Oscar style, filet mignon wellington and a molten chocolate cake with peanut butter ice cream.
• Beso offers a three-course New Year’s Eve menu. The first seating will begin at 6 p.m. and is available for $79. The late seating will begin at 9 p.m. and is available for $149. Guests can count down to midnight at Eva Longoria’s Eve the Nightclub, with all-inclusive bar packages starting at $150.
• Vintner Grill presents a New Year's Eve Truffle Tasting Menu featuring fresh black Italian truffles in each dish. The six-course tasting menu can be customized into three, four or six courses, with wine pairing options. All guests will receive a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Reservations are encouraged. Please call 702-214-5590.
• This New Year’s Eve, enjoy an elegant meal and a 280-degree panoramic view 56 floors above The Strip and surrounding mountains at Alize at the top of the Palms. Chef Andre Rochat of the Michelin Award restaurant has created a menu including roasted cauliflower mousseline with Hackleback caviar en gelee and a starter choice of seared Maine scallop or Andre's foie gras terrine. Main course selections include black truffle and almond-crusted Chilean sea bass, green peppercorn-crusted Angus filet mignon and the pan-roasted pheasant breast. The later seating also includes an entree selection of sauteed veal loin served with crispy veal sweetbreads. Dessert choices include an espresso panna cotta, mocha chip biscotti, minted dark-chocolate gateau with a creamy, vanilla bean Chantilly and a maple-poached pear with a pecan-caramel semifreddo. The meal is $150 for the 6 p.m. seating and $295 for the 9:30 p.m. seating.
• Lagasse’s Stadium has joined forces with NewYearsEve.com for the New Year’s Eve Ball 2011 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tickets start at $95. Lagasse’s Stadium will feature a six-hour top shelf open bar, VIP table service, deluxe private rooms and DJs.
• Payard Patisserie and Bistro offers a prix-fixe menu, created by Chef Adil Slassi, with charred octopus, duck rillette, tarragon-scented lobster tail, truffle risotto, roasted pistachio rack of lamb and a pastry cart. The cost is $55 with an optional wine pairing for an additional $30.
• Strip-side hotspot Serendipity 3 offers an over-the-top buffet from Chef Michael Wolf, including Asian chicken salad boxes, heirloom tomato bruschetta, Kobe sliders, ahi tuna tacos, jumbo shrimp cocktail, a New York steak carving station and a risotto station. Samplings of the restaurant's famous desserts including the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate also will be on hand. General admission tickets can be purchased for $100 and include the buffet, DJs and live entertainment and a champagne toast.
• Dos Caminos offers a special menu including ceviche of Kumamoto lobsters, bone-in ribeye, paella and roasted pear empanadas. Toast to the New Year with one of their 150 tequilas or specialty margaritas.
• First Food and Bar offers a unique twist on a year-ending meal with prime rib, baked half lobster, duck a l’orange, plus 2010’s last-chance carbs like truffle whipped potatoes, truffle parmesan fries and bottomless mini donuts and hot chocolate creme brulee for dessert. The cost is $82.
• Party and dine on The Strip at El Segundo Sol. Watch the fireworks and enjoy a four-course meal which includes items like crab quesadillas, ahi ceviche, crab cakes, tacos, enchiladas, carne asada and tres leche cake. The price is $69, including complimentary valet.
• Dine in style at Fix at the Bellagio. The cost is $175 for a four-course pre-set New Year’s Eve gala dinner, which includes a champagne toast at midnight. A la carte reservations are available from 5 to 7 p.m., and four-course New Year’s Eve menu reservations are available 5 to 11 p.m. Wine pairing is available for an additional $75.
• Yellowtail Japanese Restaurant and Lounge at the Bellagio offers a New Year’s Eve dining experience featuring a seven-course Omakase dinner menu prepared by Chef Akira Back. A la carte and seven-course New Year’s Eve Omakase dinner menu reservations are available from 5 to 7 p.m. Sake paring is available for an additional $55.
• Stack at The Mirage offers a four-course pre-set New Year’s Eve gala dinner, including a champagne toast at midnight for $150. A la carte menu reservations also are offered from 5 to 8 p.m., and four-course New Year’s Eve menu reservations are offered from 5 to 11:30 p.m. Wine pairing is available for an additional $75.
• Brand Steakhouse and Lounge at Monte Carlo presents “A Red Carpet Event: New Year’s Eve 2011.” Listen to sounds by DJ Guy Williams and enjoy a hosted bar from 9 to 11:00 p.m. A four-course New Year’s Eve Gala dinner will be served in the dining room, where guests can toast to 2011 with a special countdown at midnight and a complimentary glass of Moet White Star Champagne.
• Say adieu to 2010 and raise your glass to the New Year at Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris. The French restaurant offers a prix-fixe menu for $110. Seating is available at 5, 7:30 and 10 p.m. Please call 702-944-4224 for reservations.
• Indulge in an evening of fine dining at Panevino to kick off the New Year. Enjoy a five-course gourmet menu, party favors and live entertainment by Essence Trio, plus an unobstructed panoramic view of the Las Vegas skyline.