Steve Marcus got his first camera when he was 10-years-old. He worked for the Arizona Daily Sun in Flagstaff, Arizona before coming to the Las Vegas Sun in 1993. He loves dogs, long walks on the beach, and romantic, candle-lit dinners. He hates mean people and parking tickets.
- Capturing the perfect circus cliche
- Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- Fifteen minutes, one elephant and one ideal circus wave.
- 2 die after SUV crashes into school bus on Decatur
- Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2010
- Two 22-year-old men were killed Wednesday after their sport utility vehicle crossed the center line on Decatur Boulevard and crashed into a school bus in the northwest valley. No children were riding on the school bus.
- Suspicious device prompts evacuations, closes streets
- Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- About 20 businesses were evacuated Tuesday after Metro Police officers found a suspicious device in a vehicle at Sahara Avenue and Decatur Boulevard. Officers responded at about 10:30 a.m. to the area after stopping a Dodge Ram pickup truck on suspicion of DUI.
- Steve Marcus - Chasing the knockdown shot
- A collection of our favorite photos that didn't run this year
- Monday, Dec. 28, 2009
- My first exposure to boxing in Las Vegas was developing film for other photographers on fight nights. I was in a trailer developing film when the “Fan Man” (also known as James Miller) landed by paraglider into the Riddick Bowe vs. Evander Holyfield fight at Caesars Palace in 1993.
- Sights Unseen
- Our favorite pictures that didn't run this year
- Thursday, Jan. 1, 2009
- People in Las Vegas dress funny.
- Police helicopter lands safely in city intersection
- Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008
- A Metro Police helicopter landed shortly after noon today at Fremont and Bruce streets after a mechanical failure, Metro Police said.
- IGT exec on the future of gaming: Interchangeable titles for social media, online real-money play and brick-and-mortar casinos
- Outdoor Bally’s mall modeled on Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar
- Motorist is victim in Las Vegas drive-by shooting
- Reid confident Congress to pass immigration bill, says Boehner will cave in
- Tony Hsieh to open skating rink behind Gold Spike downtown