Richard N. Velotta
Blog Post Archive
- Bankruptcies shouldn't hurt McCarran
- Friday, April 18, 2008
Officials at McCarran International Airport say they aren’t worried about being paid by the bankrupt airlines that packed up operations in a recent flurry of Chapter 11 filings.
- Allegiant MD-80s already inspected
- Thursday, April 10, 2008
You’ve heard all about the American Airlines flight cancellations that stranded thousands of passengers across the country, including McCarran International Airport.
- Wyndham announces new Las Vegas resort
- Tuesday, April 8, 2008
- The world’s largest time-share company plans to build a fifth Las Vegas property near the Rio, the company has announced.
- ATA bankruptcy disrupts travel to Hawaii; Southwest scrambling
- Thursday, April 3, 2008
- The announcement today that ATA Airlines has shut down after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection severs another conduit for passengers between Las Vegas and Honolulu.
- Living wills via state Web site
- Friday, March 21, 2008
Secretary of State Ross Miller told members of the Nevada Development Authority this week that his office would unveil a new Web site next week to store advanced health care directives of Nevadans who submit them.
- Taxicab Authority gets new exec
- Thursday, Feb. 14, 2008
Gordon Walker, a vice president for a government contractor on the Nevada Test Site, has been appointed administrator of the Nevada Taxicab Authority.
- Acting administrator of taxicab authority resigns
- Friday, Feb. 8, 2008
- 200 applications filed for medical pot businesses
- Police attach explosives to rental car to train dogs, car drives away
- Preview: Soft opening of Holly Madison’s 1923 Bourbon & Burlesque sizzles
- Police arrest man in string of residential burglaries
- Robin Leach, Eric Roberts trade partners on tonight’s ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’