- The man behind the mustache: Hey Reb driven by passion for UNLV sports
- Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012
- Mr. Sun spoke with UNLV’s mascot, the mega-mustachioed mountain man Hey Reb. The student who brings the mascot to life likes to keep his identity secret but loves to bring smiles to the UNLV faithful.
- Can a family divided by election be reconciled?
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012
- Mr. Sun answers a question about making amends now that the election is over.
- When clocks fall back tomorrow, will employees' paychecks rise?
- Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012
- Mr. Sun answers an inquiry about whether employees working when daylight saving time rolls over get paid overtime.
- Mr. Sun on a marryin' cowboy, lost dentures and a teasing tourist visiting Las Vegas
- Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012
- A cowboy named Darrell Diamond blew into town the other day from Leadville, Colo., a man on a mission. Normally he rustles up horses for the government. This day, he was on the Strip, hoping to rustle up a bride.
- Ask Mr. Sun: How airlines, McCarran are affected by a presidential visit
- Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012
- It’s nice of the president of the United States to visit Las Vegas as often as he does, but doesn’t he cause a bit of disruption at McCarran International Airport each time he drops in? Well, pardner, you’re right about that — President Barack Obama does seem to have a hankering for these parts.
- Mr. Sun: Shrieking alarm test added angst to stranded travelers' long night
- Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012
- Go back to last Thursday night: Big thunderstorms rolling across the valley forced a bunch of flights to be canceled at the airport. Normally, people don’t stay overnight at McCarran. On this night, hundreds did.
- Mr. Sun on Jews playing poker, sushi smoke shops, a freeway blunder and more
- Friday, Oct. 12, 2012
- “During the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day holidays, Jews have struggled to find things to do," says the website for the Jewish Poker Championships.
- The reality of Vegas life, but 'Vegas' is not reality
- Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012
- Tidbits about life in Las Vegas, including far-flung travel stories about our gun stores, the intersection of God and gambling, and the TV show "Vegas."