- STOCKCARTOON YEAR IN REVIEW
- Thursday, Dec. 27, 2007
- Kevin Harvick won the season-opening Daytona 500 and then was not heard from again, going winless in the next 35 races. Jimmie Johnson won the UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in March and never slowed down, winning nine more races en route to the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series championship.
- Lawmakers in Indiana eyeing gaming options
- Friday, March 18, 2005
- INDIANAPOLIS -- Senate Republicans have discussed at least two gambling proposals that could reap hundreds of millions of dollars for the state, including legalizing and taxing video gambling machines now operating unlawfully in hundreds of bars, social clubs and truck stops.
- Voters in Indiana county OK casino plan
- Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2003
- FRENCH LICK, Ind. -- Proponents of a casino for economically depressed Orange County won a swift victory Tuesday, passing a referendum after a decade-long campaign to win gambling rights.
- Indiana moving toward 24-hour riverboat casinos
- Wednesday, July 9, 2003
- INDIANAPOLIS -- The state's 10 riverboat casinos could get approval on Friday for offering around-the-clock gambling.
- Indiana casino winnings up on dockside gambling
- Monday, Sept. 9, 2002
- INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana's riverboat casinos took in nearly $198 million during the first month of dockside gambling in August, an increase of $25 million, or 14.5 percent, over July when more stringent boarding restrictions were in place.
- Casino fined $2.26 million over allegations of prostitution
- Tuesday, July 30, 2002
- INDIANAPOLIS -- An Ohio River casino must pay a $2.26 million fine and close for more than two days over allegations it entertained guests with prostitutes and money for gambling during a golf outing last year.
- Dockside gambling OK'd for seven Indiana riverboats
- Tuesday, July 30, 2002
- INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Gaming Commission gave approval Monday for seven riverboat casinos to offer dockside gambling starting Thursday.
- Indiana lawmaker throws support to dockside gambling
- Thursday, June 20, 2002
- INDIANAPOLIS -- With time running out on the special session, the fiscal leader in the Indiana Senate said Wednesday that he could support dockside gambling as part of a tax-increase and tax-restructuring compromise.
- Plans to expand Indiana gaming at risk
- Wednesday, June 12, 2002
- INDIANAPOLIS -- Republicans on the Senate Finance Committee plan to strip all provisions that would expand legalized gambling from a Democrat-drafted tax-and-budget bill passed by the House last week.
- Newest Indiana casino failing to meet minority business goals
- Wednesday, May 30, 2001
- INDIANAPOLIS -- Casino regulators are growing impatient with operators of the state's newest riverboat casino for failing to meet statutory goals in contracting with vendors owned by minorities.
- Indiana legislators move to block lucrative dockside gambling
- Thursday, March 29, 2001
- INDIANAPOLIS -- A Senate committee dealt a severe and possibly lethal blow Wednesday to legislation that would legalize dockside gambling in Indiana.