- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- Is Las Vegas really among world’s most disappointing places?
- Strip Scribbles: $100,000 cocktail servers; High Roller at Linq; Broadway Bares’ ‘Get Wood’
- Wild, wacky and sexy ‘Absinthe’ celebrates third anniversary, 1,500-plus shows
- City Council votes to allow horse-drawn carriages downtown
- Developers moving forward on huge North Las Vegas community