- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- Developers building luxury apartments next to Shops at Summerlin
- With a wink and nod, activist plans BundyFest! to protest rancher Cliven Bundy
- Bern’s-Eye View: New arena pushes Las Vegas forward but isn’t game-changing
- Nevada to investigate short sale flipping
- Family law attorney warns high times might lead to loss of custody