- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- Nina DiGregorio: Learning to love Las Vegas through the eyes of a small-town New Yorker
- What are the dirtiest jobs in Las Vegas? Come take a look — and a whiff
- Save your money: The six most useless items for babies
- Man pleads guilty in beating death of Nevada official
- What to know about The Other Hotel opening