- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- Number of Las Vegans without a bank account on the rise
- Celine Dion says she is ‘getting ready to come back to work’
- Marion ‘Suge’ Knight arrested in Las Vegas on L.A. robbery charge
- Greenspun Media Group announces promotions in key leadership roles
- Startups need investors. Here’s a way they find them in Las Vegas