- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- 2014 wasn’t a robust year for Las Vegas homebuilders
- Did Manny Pacquiao’s question KO Miss USA Nia Sanchez of Nevada?
- Limo company gets $200,000 fine for shorting its workers
- Lacrosse player from Las Vegas found dead in Maryland dorm room
- Strip Scribbles: DiCaprio, De Niro, Scorsese paid $60M to shoot video?