Special to the Sun
Below are the next 30 events in our society calendar. Click here to see all the calendar's events.
- Scottish Country Dancing - exhibition & lessons: presented by Southern Nevada Old Time Contra Dancers at The Charleston Heights Arts Center, 6:30 p.m. ($4 - $5)
- Contra Dancing: co-sponsored by the Southern Nevada Old Time Contra Dancers at The Charleston Heights Arts Center, 6:30 p.m. ($3 - $7)
Friday, May 24
Saturday, May 25
- Glitter Gulch Gala
- With plans underway for the best one yet, Goodwill's GLITTER GULCH GALA is scheduled for October (date and location to be determined). Always a rip-roaring, fun-filled evening, this fundraiser was created to provide funding for the job training and placement efforts provided by Goodwill across our community. Put this one on your list and help the unemployed find new jobs and lives. For more information, tickets and sponsorship details, call 214-2073 or visit Goodwill of Southern Nevada's Web site.
- Sixth annual John Anderson "Celebration of Life"
- While date and location of this annual event are not yet determined, this is an event worthy of consideration. Planned for early afternoon, this ceremony consists of a nondenominational dedication, followed by the release of live Monarch butterflies in honor and memory of loved ones. Each butterfly purchased includes a commemorative gift. Sponsorships are available and butterflies are priced at $25 each with all proceeds from the ceremony assisting with the work of the Nathan Adelson Hospices in Southern Nevada. For more information, contact Laura Norcia at 938-3910 or email@example.com.
- The Great Las Vegas Santa Run
- Offering a chance to be part of the record books (and maybe family legend??), this wonderful fundraiser on behalf of Opportunity Village allows every participant the chance to be "SANTA" ... and run (or walk) with abandon in this merry event. Each entrant receives their very own Santa suit to take home and enjoy later. Call 259-3741 or visit www.opportunityvillage.org for registration details.
Submit an Event
- Legislator pitches cocktail, an acquired taste, as official state drink
- Hits keep coming for Obama team
- Bills live and die on deadline day in Carson City
- Las Vegas is fine just the way it is
- Back in business: Raising a glass to an Atomic history
- From music to TV to the Strip: UNLV’s famous grads
- Oddsmakers like Orb’s Triple Crown chances; Vegas picks for the Preakness
- Scarlet and Gray to observe golden anniversary commencement Sunday
- Panel finalizes plan to send $37.5 million more to S. Nevada colleges
- Marriage equality a conservative ideal
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.