It is virtually impossible to be anywhere in Las Vegas and miss the Stratosphere. It towers 1,149 feet above Las Vegas and is the tallest observation tower in the United States. The casino itself is 55,784 square feet and contains 950 slot machines, 120 game tables and 2,427 hotel rooms.
Of the hotel's 2,427 rooms, 909 were recently remodeled into Stratosphere Select rooms.
The Stratosphere is mostly known for its rides at the top of the tower. The Big Shot, located at the 113th floor, torpedoes riders up 160 feet using compressed air. X-Scream is a teeter-totter perched at the top of the observation deck — if that wasn't scary enough, the coaster arm flings the riders out 27 feet over the edge of the tower. Guests looking for something more sedate can just hang around the 107th floor and simply look at the scenery.
- Shania Twain says she’s ready to extend her residency at Caesars
- Photos: NASCAR renews for three years of Champion’s Week in Las Vegas; a second race at LVMS?
- Temperatures plunge into the 20s; snow in forecast
- Caesars: Online gambling might hurt casinos in Nevada, NJ
- Las Vegas man faces life sentence for sex trafficking