SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
SLS Las Vegas is expected to open in 2014 in the old Sahara resort, which closed in 2011 after 59 years of operation.
The high-end resort project was announced in January 2012 by Los Angeles-based hotelier Sam Nazarian. Nazarian heads SBE Entertainment, a hospitality and entertainment empire with real estate, restaurants, clubs and hotels nationwide.
SBE expects to spend upwards of $750 million on the project, envisioning it to be an all-encompassing, mixed-use property with more than 1,600 guest rooms and suites and a collection of SBE’s restaurant and nightlife brands.
"When it opens, SLS Las Vegas will provide an approachable experience that will feature The Bazaar by José Andrés, Katsuya by Starck, a reinvention of SBE’s original nightlife concept, Shelter, retail by Fred Segal and additional brands currently in development," according to the website.
- Chocolatier makes move to Container Park; grocery chain Sprouts up across valley
- Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman: Our job is to test the limits of how bright our spirits can shine
- Bellagio robber spent stolen cash on prostitutes, police say
- Police: Man fatally shot at house party in northwest valley
- Worker killed in accident at Ocean Spray facility in Henderson