The Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino
Carnival lasts all year at the Rio. With a float occasionally passing overhead and dropping beads while feathered dancers fire up the gamblers below, the Rio tries to keep its 120,000-square foot casino jumping with excitement. Special Brazilian mixed-drinks are also served throughout the casino. The hotel suites tend to be larger than similar priced rooms on the Strip and many offer excellent views with floor to ceiling windows.
The Rio offers some quality shows like "Penn & Teller" and "Chippendales." Many come to the Rio for the nightlife at the VooDoo Lounge, located on the 51st floor, or McFadden's Irish Pub on the casino level.
Others come for a bit relaxation at the Rio Spa or pool area and still others come to shop at the hotel's 60,000 square feet of shops. In each of these endeavors, the Rio attempts to make the experience a bit more fun and spontaneous.
The Rio also offers guests a variety of dining choices from all-American food at the All-American Bar & Grille to Gaylord India Restaurant for something a little spicier and even Carnival World Buffet for the indecisive.
- Nina DiGregorio: Learning to love Las Vegas through the eyes of a small-town New Yorker
- Two passengers escape Ferrari fire on Interstate 15
- Demonstrators protest dolphin captivity at the Mirage
- Brad Paisley brings ‘Moonshine’ to Boulevard Pool at the Cosmopolitan
- Ed Sheeran performs back-to-back shows at The Chelsea in the Cosmopolitan