- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- The future of Las Vegas: See what’s coming to Strip in ’15
- Gaming regulators OK $1.73 billion sale of Cosmopolitan
- NYE in Las Vegas: 80,000 fireworks, music of Whitney, One Republic, Pitbull
- SLS visionary Sam Nazarian gets limited gaming license
- Put a ring on it! A Christmas gift for Britney Spears: Engagement?
- Mark of ‘Mark & Mercedes’ leaves show; J.C. Fernandez to step in
- Carl Icahn promises Taj Mahal casino $20 million to stay open
- Woman, 38, dies after SUV hits brick wall
- School lockdowns lifted; reports of armed man unfounded
- Las Vegas company could print your next car
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.