- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- Seller of Atomic Liquors building buys bank-owned office building
- Phone provider CenturyLink to plug into Switch’s data fortress
- Bobby Flay talks 10th anniversary of Mesa Grill, Las Vegas dining scene
- Linq to host Red Bull Global Rallycross auto race
- Fighters suing Floyd Mayweather Jr. over cable TV bout
- Downtown Project shows off Oasis boutique hotel
- Stormy relationship, divorce ends with fatal stabbing, police say
- High school football top 10: Playing waiting game until next week’s packed schedule
- Police shootings produce lots of debate, but what can be done to reduce them?
- UNLV not the team with biggest injury concerns in game at Utah State
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.