- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Phil Robertson fires another round as opening of Rio show nears
- ‘Cyborg’ will not be Ronda Rousey’s next opponent
- McCaw finds his happy place while leading UNLV past Wyoming
- UFC 184 live blog: Ronda Rousey’s latest victim, Cat Zingano, lasts 14 seconds
- Clark gets revenge against Desert Pines, wins second straight state title
- Inmate from Clark County dies at Northern Nevada Correctional Center
- Sun editorial: Sandoval has a chance to make a major investment
- Storm brings snow to Sierra Nevada, headaches to mountain motorists
- Family fun for the budget-conscious
- Recipe: The Goodmans’ mob meatballs
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.