- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- Developer bashes predecessor for not finishing Summerlin mall
- Strip Scribbles: Bikini tops drop as pool season opens; Daniel Boulud Brasserie confirmed; SHM film
- School police: Parent’s inquiry about relationship led to sub’s arrest
- 2014 Miss USA Pageant heads to the Louisiana bayou in June
- Motorist fatally shot, causing pileup on 215 Beltway
- Photos: Miss Nevada, Frank Mir and Jeff Timmons and Men of the Strip toast Rockhouse’s first anniversary
- Nevada man gets 6 months for killing dog that bit him
- Las Vegas man arrested after 59 fake credit cards found in his car
- In wake of student’s suicide, School District forms anti-bullying task force
- Obama signs memo to strengthen overtime pay rules
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.