- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- President resigns at Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air
- Las Vegas City Council votes 6-1 to keep alive stadium, soccer team bid
- Deep discount lures buyer for Revel casino
- Back in business: Henderson’s Inspirada eager for comeback
- myVegas app makes deal with Station, adds blackjack
- At G2E, Sheldon Adelson reiterates his disdain for Internet gambling
- Investigator: Suspect in fatal Strip shooting, crash was plotting escape
- Strip Scribbles: ‘Ballistic’ B.J. Baldwin, $5K lunch with Giada, ‘Ink Master,’ 16 days of music
- Las Vegas running back picks BYU football over UNLV, others
- Family of Duke’s Shaq Powell seeks help
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.