- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- Crash into signal control box and light pole injures 2 in car and pedestrian
- Why one inmate costs taxpayers more than $400,000 a year
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email
- Debating Fabricio Werdum’s chances against Cain Velasquez
- Northern Nevada youth coach pleads no contest to battery charge
- Vegas Play of the Day: Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder
- Harper pulled for not hustling; Nats fall to Cards
- Where I Stand: Preserving my marriage
- Body found by highway is missing Massachusetts boy
- Sun editorial: Bundy is no victor
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.