- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- Arizona knocks Rebels around the field for second straight season
- MMA fighter ‘War Machine’ extradited from California, booked into Clark County jail
- Gorman gets spark from sophomore duo, wins at Servite
- Real rockers Arsenal fuel ‘Rock of Ages’ at the Venetian
- Tove Lo toasts grand opening of The Sayers Club; Rebecca & Fiona at Foxtail
- Centennial defense holds Palo Verde offense captive in shutout victory
- Club kingpin Mike Galam is out as Crazy Horse Too sits dark
- As Jerry Lewis accepts Australia’s top honor, rare MDA Telethon video surfaces
- Liberty defense produces multiple TDs, holds Basic to less than 100 yards
- Woman injured, man arrested after morning shooting in southwest valley
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.