- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- Get a taste of what Las Vegas used to be — in Laughlin
- Obama heads back to D.C. after R&R in Henderson
- Reimagining the classics: Keep Memory Alive patients, caregivers create calendar as a fundraiser
- Iggy Azalea, One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer among winners at American Music Awards
- School portable fire causes $125,000 in damages
- Restaurant undergoes transformation at Suncoast; retailers flock to Miracle Mile
- Body found along I-15 near Nevada-California border is a mystery
- Tour bus rollover on interstate kills 1, injures dozens
- After Pacquiao win, pressure builds for Mayweather
- How to have your best holidays ever
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.