Hand of Faith
In the spring of 1980, Kevin Hillier took his new metal detector out for a spin in his tiny hometown of Wedderburn, Australia. Instead of a bottle cap or a paper clip, he found a 61-pound golden nugget barely a foot underground. Today, it makes its home in our lobby.
The Hand of Faith is the biggest golden nugget in existence, the second-biggest ever discovered, and the biggest ever found with a metal detector. (And in case you’re wondering, Hillier made out just fine. He sold his golden nugget to the Golden Nugget for over a million dollars.)
- Seller of Atomic Liquors building buys bank-owned office building
- Sabina Kelley’s debut pin-up calendar is hot, hot, hot
- Phone provider CenturyLink to plug into Switch’s data fortress
- Linq to host Red Bull Global Rallycross auto race
- Bobby Flay talks 10th anniversary of Mesa Grill, Las Vegas dining scene