Hand of Faith
In the spring of 1980, Kevin Hillier took his new metal detector out for a spin in his tiny hometown of Wedderburn, Australia. Instead of a bottle cap or a paper clip, he found a 61-pound golden nugget barely a foot underground. Today, it makes its home in our lobby.
The Hand of Faith is the biggest golden nugget in existence, the second-biggest ever discovered, and the biggest ever found with a metal detector. (And in case you’re wondering, Hillier made out just fine. He sold his golden nugget to the Golden Nugget for over a million dollars.)
- 2014 wasn’t a robust year for Las Vegas homebuilders
- Photos: Farrah Abraham’s weekend at Ghostbar Dayclub, AVN and Life
- Las Vegas philanthropists to meet to talk strategies, successes
- Las Vegas teen was ‘living out his dream’ before death at college dorm
- Charges added in Metro Police officer robbery, assault case