Hand of Faith
In the spring of 1980, Kevin Hillier took his new metal detector out for a spin in his tiny hometown of Wedderburn, Australia. Instead of a bottle cap or a paper clip, he found a 61-pound golden nugget barely a foot underground. Today, it makes its home in our lobby.
The Hand of Faith is the biggest golden nugget in existence, the second-biggest ever discovered, and the biggest ever found with a metal detector. (And in case you’re wondering, Hillier made out just fine. He sold his golden nugget to the Golden Nugget for over a million dollars.)
- Firefly closes its Henderson restaurant
- Olivia Newton-John: ‘I’m enjoying everything about Las Vegas’
- MGM, Hakkasan join to build, manage luxury hotels worldwide
- ‘We push each other’: Rebels pitching their way to possibly historic season for program
- LV City Council considers horse-drawn carriages, new downtown grocery store