Hand of Faith
In the spring of 1980, Kevin Hillier took his new metal detector out for a spin in his tiny hometown of Wedderburn, Australia. Instead of a bottle cap or a paper clip, he found a 61-pound golden nugget barely a foot underground. Today, it makes its home in our lobby.
The Hand of Faith is the biggest golden nugget in existence, the second-biggest ever discovered, and the biggest ever found with a metal detector. (And in case you’re wondering, Hillier made out just fine. He sold his golden nugget to the Golden Nugget for over a million dollars.)
- Photos: Ed Sheeran + Macklemore, Train, Calvin Harris rule Night 2 of iHeart
- Coroner IDs resident shot dead in home invasion
- Teen dies after shooting in Las Vegas intersection
- Is Calvin Harris about to exit Hakkasan for new and larger paycheck?
- Police: Las Vegas man shot to death after fight in backyard