Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood
Hungry Planet Hollywood Las Vegas guests can enjoy what the Earl of Sandwich restaurant calls "the world’s greatest hot sandwich." The upscale sandwich shop takes its name from John Montagu, the fourth Earl of Sandwich, a British statesman. As the tale goes, on Nov. 3, 1762, Montagu had a servant bring him a piece of meat between two slices of bread.
The extensive menu at Earl of Sandwich pays tribute to the art of sandwiches with options like the Full Montagu, the Original 1762 and the Earl’s Club. Each is made with fresh-baked, artisan bread and the finest ingredients.
Social trip-planning website Gogobot recently named the Earl of Sandwich to the top spot in it "Best Cheap Eats" category and second place for "Best Family Restaurants" in the food and dining portion of its Travelers’ Favorite Awards in February 2013.
- Cuisine: Sandwiches, Deli-Sandwiches
- Price range: $
- Attire: Casual
- Credit cards accepted: Yes
- Kids menu: Yes
- Gaming: No
- Waiter service: No
- Serves alcohol: No
- Drive thru: No
- Reservations accepted: No
- Delivery: No
Open 24 hours
- Dean Martin carpet controversy, nightlife shakeup the latest from SLS
- Driver sought in hit-and-run that kills pedestrian near Mandalay Bay
- Metro Police investigating extortion attempt targeting GOP assemblyman
- Driver suffers head injury in two-car crash near Windmill and Eastern
- Vegas Play of the Day: Houston Rockets at Detroit Pistons