Las Vegas Sun

August 30, 2014

Currently: 88° — Complete forecast | Log in

Las Vegas area fires

No one hurt in house fire near Charleston and Las Vegas boulevards
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Firefighters responded to a call at 7:25 p.m. and found a small fire in the bedroom of the house, in the 1100 block ...
1 treated for smoke inhalation in apartment fire
Monday, July 14, 2014
A person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation after an apartment fire this morning that started on a kitchen stove, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanskij said. Firefighters responded to a call at...
Firefighters knock down blaze at vacant 3rd Street apartment building
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Las Vegas firefighters are investigating a blaze that damaged a vacant apartment building Saturday night.
Photo: Two people, an adult and a child, suffered minor s
2 suffer smoke inhalation in mobile home fire
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Two people suffered minor smoke inhalation when a fire broke out this afternoon at a mobile home in the northeast valley, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials said. Firefighters received multiple calls about...
Body armor becomes latest protective gear for valley’s firefighters
Body armor becomes latest protective gear for valley’s firefighters
Thursday, July 10, 2014
County officials announced today the Clark County Fire Department received 118 sets of ballistic protection gear for use in active-shooter situations and mass-casualty incidents. The equipment, which includes body armor and helmets...
Firefighters battle blaze at vacant North Las Vegas house
Monday, July 7, 2014
The North Las Vegas firefighters are battling a blaze at a vacant single-story home on Cole Avenue, near Cheyenne Avenue and Simmons Street. Firefighters responded to a call just after ...
Limited services at Pebble Road post office after fire
Monday, July 7, 2014
A temporary retail van has been set up to provide limited transactions at the post office at 455 E. Pebble Road, where a fire broke out over the weekend. Patrons can also use the main post office at 1001 East Sunset Road. Henderson and Clark County firefighters responded...
Port-a-potty on roof source of blaze at post office
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Clark County and Henderson firefighters ​extinguished a blaze Sunday afternoon at a post office. Firefighters responded to a call just after 2:30 p.m. and arrived to find ...
Photo: Las Vegas firefighters are shown after tending to
Blaze destroys apartment complex laundry room
Thursday, July 3, 2014
A laundry room fire destroyed several commercial washers and dryers used by residents of an apartment complex. Dispatchers received several calls about the fire at ...
Fire consumes attic, injures 2 residents
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Two people were hospitalized Thursday afternoon after an electrical fire sparked by turning on a clothes dryer destroyed their attic and heavily damaged their roof. The residents heard ...
Crews battling fire at central Las Vegas house
Crews battling fire at central Las Vegas house
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue crews are working to extinguish a house fire today in central Las Vegas. Firefighters responded about noon to reports of smoke coming from the attic of a home at 3013 Merritt Ave., near …
Photo: James Hurja, a United States Forest Service soil s
Mount Charleston on the mend
Monday, June 30, 2014
It started with a lightning strike in Carpenter Canyon, on the Pahrump side of the Spring Mountains, at 3 p.m. July 1, 2013. A fire sparked in the dense, virtually inaccessible wilderness. Firefighters were called in but had a hard time cornering the flames. On July 4, the fire crested the ridge. The mountain’s more than 500 residents...
Vehicle fire spreads to structure near downtown Las Vegas
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
A Clark County Fire Department crew is fighting the fire at 2534 Sunrise St., near Fremont Street and …
As Mount Charleston wildfire anniversary approaches, worries about more damage take root
As Mount Charleston wildfire anniversary approaches, worries about more damage take root
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Fire prevention officer Mike Haydon from the Bureau of Land Management said a long-term drought and early spring snow-melt have left trees drier than they’ve ever been, putting the mountain in danger of...
Hot barbecue coals catch Henderson house on fire
Monday, June 23, 2014
What started as a barbecue ended with a garage fire Sunday night after the grill’s hot briquettes were dumped into a trash can, according to...

Most Popular

  • Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed