Las Vegas Sun

September 1, 2014

Currently: 83° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Man hospitalized after North Las Vegas house fire

Updated Saturday, March 22, 2014 | 5:20 p.m.

A man was hospitalized this morning after a fire erupted inside his home in North Las Vegas.

Flames broke out in the garage of his home in the 4500 block of Imperial Beach Avenue about 11:20 a.m., said Capt. Cedric Williams with the North Las Vegas Fire Department.

The man, described as middle-aged, managed to escape the home before firefighters arrived. He was taken to University Medical Center and was treated for possible smoke inhalation. His injuries were not life-threatening.

Firefighters put the blaze out about 35 minutes after arriving at the home; no other injuries were reported.

Although the garage was considered a complete loss, the rest of the home sustained only moderate smoke damage. The accidental fire caused an estimated $50,000 worth of damage.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy