Las Vegas Sun

July 30, 2014

Currently: 105° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Electrical fire does $20,000 damage at Henderson house

Three adults and two children were displaced from a single-story house Tuesday evening after a malfunction in the electrical wiring sparked a fire, Henderson Fire Department officials said.

No one was injured.

Firefighters responded about 5:50 p.m. to the fire at Boulder Highway and Major Avenue. They quickly extinguished the flames in the attic, Henderson Battalion Chief Scott Satterlee said.

The fire caused about $20,000 damage to the home, Satterlee said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy