Las Vegas Sun

October 20, 2014

Currently: 66° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Discarded smoking material sets Henderson mobile home ablaze

Carelessly discarded smoking material caused a mobile home to catch fire today in Henderson, destroying the residence and displacing three adults and a pet.

Henderson Fire responded about 11:20 a.m. to the fire at the mobile home near Stephanie Street and Patrick Lane. The owner discovered the fire and attempted to extinguish it after he called 911, Battalion Chief Scott Satterlee said.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, and the homeowner was treated on scene for smoke inhalation. The fire caused about $65,000 in damage to the home.

The cause was ruled accidental, Satterlee said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy