Las Vegas Sun

July 25, 2014

Currently: 104° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Family flees home after garage catches fire

Fire

A family of four and a dog were displaced from their home today when the garage caught fire.

The Clark County Fire Department and Las Vegas Fire & Rescue responded about 4:10 a.m. to reports of a fire at 182 Fairway Woods Drive, along Rhodes Ranch Golf Club and near Fort Apache Road.

A girl awoke to the flicker of yellow and orange lights in her bedroom and realized there was a fire in the garage below her room, Clark County Fire Department spokemsan Erik Newman said.

She alerted the rest of her family, allowing everyone to get out safely.

Firefighters arrived to find the garage and two cars in the driveway on fire, Newman said.

The fire caused about $75,000 damage to the home, officials said. No one was injured.

The Clark County Fire Department is investigating the blaze.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy