Published Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014 | 7:24 p.m.
Updated Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014 | 7:25 p.m.
HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. (AP) — Police say five people, including three responding officers, have been hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide at a mall on Long Island.
Suffolk County police responded to a call of people apparently overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning at the Walt Whitman Shops in Huntington Station, about 35 miles east of New York City, shortly after 6 p.m. Saturday.
All five victims haven been taken to hospitals.
Several restaurants at the mall were evacuated as a precaution.
The Walt Whitman Shops consists of more than 80 stores, including anchors Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue.