Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013 | 3:32 p.m.
Four people and one pet were displaced from their Henderson home today after an unattended space heater caused it to catch fire.
Henderson Fire responded to the fire about 1 p.m. at the two-story home near Arroyo Grande Boulevard and Sunset Road. Firefighters arrived to find smoke rising from the roof above the garage, Henderson Fire officials said.
Firefighters located the fire in the second-floor bathroom and extinguished it quickly. No one was home at the time of the fire and no one was injured, officials said.
The fire caused about $50,000 in damage. Henderson Fire investigators determined that the fire was caused by an unattended space heater and ruled it an accident.