Las Vegas Sun

September 22, 2014

Currently: 91° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Cigarettes blamed for fire at Las Vegas mobile home

A can of smoldering cigarettes started a fire late Thursday that damaged a home in the Meadows Mobile Home Park, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski said.

One adult living at the home was not injured.

Las Vegas and Clark County firefighters responded at 10:02 p.m. to the fire at 2900 S. Valley View Blvd. after several emergency calls.

A double-wide mobile home was on fire, with flames coming from underneath the home and on an outside wall, under the carport. Firefighters extinguished the blaze within a few minutes, Szymanski said.

Fire investigators think the fire originated with a can of cigarette butts on a set of wooden steps leading to the home’s side door.

The fire caused an estimated $10,000 damage, mostly to the outside and underside of the home, officials said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy