Las Vegas Sun

October 23, 2014

Currently: 78° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

U.S. 95 reopened near Spaghetti Bowl after bomb scare

Updated Wednesday, May 22, 2013 | 4:44 p.m.

A suspicious black cylindrical object closed U.S. 95 for more than an hour Wednesday before Las Vegas Fire and Bomb squad investigators determined it was harmless.

A Nevada Department of Transportation worker had noticed the object on the side of the road and alerted authorities out of fear that it could be a bomb, Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Jeremie Elliott said.

The highway was closed in both directions while Fire and Bomb squad members probed the object with a robot. It was determined that the object was not explosive or dangerous, Elliott said. The highway has reopened in both directions.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy

Previous Discussion: 1 comments so far…

Comments are moderated by Las Vegas Sun editors. Our goal is not to limit the discussion, but rather to elevate it. Comments should be relevant and contain no abusive language. Comments that are off-topic, vulgar, profane or include personal attacks will be removed. Full comments policy. Additionally, we now display comments from trusted commenters by default. Those wishing to become a trusted commenter need to verify their identity or sign in with Facebook Connect to tie their Facebook account to their Las Vegas Sun account. For more on this change, read our story about how it works and why we did it.

Only trusted comments are displayed on this page. Untrusted comments have expired from this story.

  1. It has been open for over 30 min.