Friday, March 8, 2013 | 11:20 p.m.
Two people were forced from their home Friday night when a fire devoured the insides of their garage.
Fire dispatchers received a report of a fire at the 8200 block of Maplestar Road, near Durango Driva and Washington Avenue, around 7 p.m., Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said.
When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke and heavy flames coming from the garage of the two-story home. Firefighters stopped the progress of the blaze and were able to protect the house from serious destruction, but not before $10,000 in damage was done.
Officials said the cause of the accident has not be determined, but it does appear to have been started accidentally.