Las Vegas Sun

September 30, 2014

Currently: 85° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Fire does $100,000 damage to Carl’s Jr. restaurant

Updated Tuesday, March 5, 2013 | 10:22 a.m.

A Carl’s Jr. restaurant in Las Vegas caught fire Tuesday morning, charring the building’s attic and roof and causing an estimated $100,000 damage, fire officials said.

No one was injured, but the restaurant will be closed for three to six months for repairs, officials said.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue received reports about 4:45 a.m. of the fire at 3189 N. Rainbow Blvd., near Cheyenne Road. When firefighters arrived, the flames were through the roof, fire department spokesman Tim Szymanski said.

The restaurant was open at the time. There were two employees inside who reported the fire after noticing smoke coming from the ceiling vents, Szymanski said.

The fire was confined to the attic and roof and appeared to be caused by an electrical or mechanical issue in the air handler unit, he said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy

Previous Discussion: comment so far…

Comments are moderated by Las Vegas Sun editors. Our goal is not to limit the discussion, but rather to elevate it. Comments should be relevant and contain no abusive language. Comments that are off-topic, vulgar, profane or include personal attacks will be removed. Full comments policy. Additionally, we now display comments from trusted commenters by default. Those wishing to become a trusted commenter need to verify their identity or sign in with Facebook Connect to tie their Facebook account to their Las Vegas Sun account. For more on this change, read our story about how it works and why we did it.

Only trusted comments are displayed on this page. Untrusted comments have expired from this story.

No trusted comments have been posted.