Las Vegas Sun

December 22, 2014

Currently: 60° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Garage fire causes $30,000 damage, does not reach home

Garage fire

A malfunctioning electrical box caused a small garage fire Monday afternoon at a residence in southwest Las Vegas.

Firefighters from the Clark County Fire Department and Las Vegas Fire & Rescue responded to the fire around 12:13 p.m. Monday in the 9000 block of Ocotillo Falls Avenue, near Hacienda Avenue and Grand Canyon Drive, Clark County spokesman Erik Pappa said.

First responders found smoke coming from the garage door of a two-story residence and were able to extinguish the fire inside the garage before it reached the home, he said. Damage from the blaze was estimated at $30,000.

None of the occupants were home at the time of the blaze and no injuries were reported, Pappa said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy