Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013 | 2 a.m.
Twitter debate: Is Southern Nevada still losing higher education money to the North?
CARSON CITY —Assembly Majority Leader William Horne, D-Las Vegas, and Nevada System of Higher Education Regent Jason Geddes argued over Twitter during a committee hearing Friday. The question at stake: Who wins and who loses under the higher education system's new funding formula?
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Photos: 2013 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand a ratings hit with stars, outrageous outfits
- Lack of security in Benghazi was House’s call