Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013 | 2 a.m.
Twitter debate: Is Southern Nevada still losing higher education money to the North?
CARSON CITY —Assembly Majority Leader William Horne, D-Las Vegas, and Nevada System of Higher Education Regent Jason Geddes argued over Twitter during a committee hearing Friday. The question at stake: Who wins and who loses under the higher education system's new funding formula?
- Board tells Las Vegas table game maker: Stay out of California
- Celebrity preview: Tiger Woods, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Prince, Madonna and Kid Rock
- Legislator pitches cocktail, an acquired taste, as official state drink
- Bills live and die on deadline day in Carson City
- Hits keep coming for Obama team