Las Vegas Sun

April 16, 2014

Currently: 60° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Pet bird dies in Las Vegas house fire

A pet bird died in a house fire Monday night that started on a living room sofa.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue responded about 5:20 p.m. to the fire at 3109 Wilmington Way, near Valley View Boulevard and Sahara Avenue. Firefighters arrived to find the home filled with thick black smoke and a fire in the living room, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski said.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

The fire caused about $50,000 damage to the home, Szymanski said. While searching the house, firefighters discovered the pet bird.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy