Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013 | 10:22 a.m.
A house fire in North Las Vegas displaced a family of six Friday night, but no one was injured, officials said.
The North Las Vegas Fire Department responded at 6:54 p.m. to reports of a fire at 3015 Harewood Ave., near Cheyenne Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard.
Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the roof of the single-family home. The residents — one man and five children — already had safely evacuated the home, fire officials said.
Firefighters discovered a blaze in the attic and extinguished it within five minutes, officials said. The fire was contained to the attic.
Fire officials deemed the blaze accidental, caused by an electrical issue. The fire caused an estimated $25,000 worth of damage.
The Red Cross was assisting the displaced family.