Las Vegas Sun

September 23, 2014

Currently: 87° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Pet dog perishes in Henderson house fire

Fire

One person suffered minor burns and a dog died Thursday in a house fire that started in the garage while the resident was working on a car.

Henderson Fire responded to the blaze about 4:30 p.m. at Danalda Court near Warm Springs Road and Valle Verde Drive. Flames and heavy smoke consumed the garage, Henderson Fire Battalion Chief Shawn White said.

Firefighters extinguished the flames in about 15 minutes. Only one of the two adult residents was home at the time. The victim was transported to a local hospital to be treated for minor burns.

The fire caused about $100,000 in damage destroying the garage and interior of the home, White said. Fire investigators determined that the fire was accidental.

Two adults and a dog were displaced from the fire. The residents’ other dog died in the fire.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy